Oxford South African Pocket Dictionary 4th Edition (hardback)
The Oxford South African Pocket Dictionary 4th Edition is a practical, comprehensive English dictionary suitable for senior secondary learners (particularly those needing help studying and understanding literature), students at universities, and for adults as home or office reference.
- Completely up-to-date in both world English (e.g. Bollywood, flash drive, textspeak, witchetty grub) and South African English (e.g. crown birthday, gees, izinyoka, zef). Includes key CAPS curriculum terms too (e.g. aquaculture, covalent bond)!
- Broad coverage of English, meeting the CAPS focus on acquiring a wide and effective vocabulary as part of studying prescribed literature.
- Many more usage notes than the previous edition (or the imported edition) help learners/students avoid common mistakes, improving their language skills overall.
- Easy-to-understand pronunciation guides show learners/students how to say new words correctly, boosting their confidence to deliver orals and take part in debates.
- Supportive and practical extra matter includes sections on grammar, developing critical language awareness, sound devices, figures of speech, the golden rules for writing, how to edit and proofread your own work, exam tips, and how to prepare for debates and discussions - giving learners/students the edge.