Oxford English for Cambridge Primary Student Book 6
Author/s: Emma Danihel, Author Izabella Hearn and Author Myra Murby
Clear learning outcomes ensure systematic development of core English skills and provide measurable targets for students and teachers.
Thematic units featuring global texts give a foundation to engage and build learners' confidence. This course offers comprehensive coverage of the Cambridge Primary English curriculum framework.
- Formative and summative assessment provision for teachers and guidance on helping students progress and achieve their best.
- Student self-assessment and progress check is integrated throughout.
- Blended pedagogical approaches for multilingual students who are learners of English as a first language and learners of English as a second language.
- Discovery based learning, inquiry and critical thinking skills are practised and nurtured throughout all six levels.
- Speaking and listening skills are scaffolded and thoroughly developed through all six levels which addresses students' life-long learning needs
- Global themes in each unit engage students with interesting topics and literature from diverse cultures.
- Offers teachers and students a 'transition' unit at the end of Stage 6 to show the integration between the primary framework and Stage 7 of Cambridge Secondary 1 English.
- Interlingual teaching and learning guidance for teachers which recognizes, celebrates and uses multilingualism as a pathway to student achievement in English.