Collins Cambridge IGCSE Accounting Teacher’s Guide
Collins Cambridge IGCSE ® Accounting Teacher’s Guide supports the Student’s Book and Workbook by providing full and comprehensive guidance on how to teach the course, with clear lesson notes and syllabus information.
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
First teaching: 2018 First exams: 2020
The Teacher’s Guide supports the new IGCSE Accounting syllabus (0452) as well as the Cambridge O Level syllabus (7707) and has been carefully developed to meet the needs of teachers in international schools.
- Updated syllabus for first examination 2020, first teaching 2018
- Chapters and units follow the same book order as the Student Book
- Units follow the same structure as the Student Book so that it is straightforward for teachers to work through
- ‘Getting the most from this book’ section outlines the features in the book and suggests ways to use each part
- Introduction also includes tips on classroom skills, to help teachers with areas such as classroom management, building language skills, setting up group work, and building student confidence
- Suggestions given on how to teach each unit
- Guidance given on assessing Knowledge Check questions and end-of-chapter exercises
- A detailed contents list at the start of the book includes approximate teaching times for each unit, bearing in mind the differing situations of schools
- Support given for non-subject specialists, with any required introductory background or prior knowledge explained at the beginning of each unit for those who need it
- Guidance given on how to use the questions and how and when to assess students’ responses
- Suggested review questions for remedial or revision work
- Ideas for extension work, extension topics and research
- Suggestions for additional collaborative activities to foster communication and presentation skills
- Answer keys for all questions in the Student’s Book and Workbook
- Photocopiable resources included at the end of the book, including accounting pro-formas for answers to exercises and project work
- This title is endorsed by Cambridge Assessment International Education.