Cambridge Lower Secondary Global Perspectives Stage 8 Learner's Skills Book
Author/s: Keely Laycock
This series has been developed for the Cambridge Lower Secondary Global Perspectives Curriculum Framework (1129).
This Stage 8 learner’s skills book helps students develop key 21st century skills including research, analysis and more.
Written by experienced teacher and author, Keely Laycock, learners are encouraged to reflect on your chosen topics – such as sustainability and the digital world – at a personal, national and global level.
This series enables students to develop skills for their future in a scaffolded and measurable way, and has been produced with feedback from teachers and students all around the world.
A large collection of collaborative and independent activities engages students and makes learning visible in the classroom.
Peer assessment opportunities help improve collaboration and reflection.
Self-assessment opportunities for every skill allows students to look back and see how they’ve progressed.
Questions drive student thinking and surface understanding – such as ‘what do you think the term “research” means?’ and ‘write down what you found difficult last lesson and one way that you can overcome this difficulty’.
Six sections develop key skills for evaluation, reflection, analysis, research, collaboration and communication.
Clear learning goals at the start of every section highlight the assessment objectives.
Tried and tested activities used in classrooms around the world are also included.
- Section 1. Research: Starting with research skills 1
- Starting with research skills 2
- Starting with research skills 3
- Developing research skills 4
- Developing research skills 5
- Developing research skills 6
- Getting better at research skills 7
- Getting better at research skills 8
- Getting better at research skills 9
- Section 2. Analysis: Starting with analysis skills 1
- Starting with analysis skills 2
- Starting with analysis skills 3
- Developing analysis skills 4
- Developing analysis skills 5
- Developing analysis skills 6
- Getting better at analysis skills 7
- Getting better at analysis skills 8
- Getting better at analysis skills 9
- Section 3. Evaluation: Starting with evaluation skills 1
- Starting with evaluation skills 2
- Starting with evaluation skills 3
- Developing evaluation skills 4
- Developing evaluation skills 5
- Developing evaluation skills 6
- Getting better at evaluation skills 7
- Section 4. Reflection: Starting with reflection skills 1
- Starting with reflection skills 2
- Starting with reflection skills 3
- Developing reflection skills 4
- Developing reflection skills 5
- Developing reflection skills 6
- Getting better at reflection skills 7
- Getting better at reflection skills 8
- Getting better at reflection skills 9
- Chapter 5. Collaboration: Starting with collaboration skills 1
- Starting with collaboration skills 2
- Starting with collaboration skills 3
- Developing collaboration skills 4
- Developing collaboration skills 5
- Developing collaboration skills 6
- Getting better at collaboration skills 7
- Section 6. Communication: Starting with communication skills 1
- Starting with communication skills 2
- Starting with communication skills 3
- Developing communication skills 4
- Developing communication skills 5
- Developing communication skills 6
- Getting better at communication skills 7