Cambridge ICT Starters On Track Stage 1
Author/s: Victoria Ellis, Sarah Lawrey
This series brings a fresh approach to ICT for students from 7 to 14 years old, mapped to the Cambridge ICT Starters syllabus for examination from 2019.
On Track builds on the document, multimedia, spreadsheet and database skills learners have developed throughout the series.
They’ll use spreadsheets to plan a holiday and create their own database.
Each activity is clearly introduced, with step-by-step guidance to help learners master new skills.
Key words and visual examples support students’ understanding, while tip boxes provide helpful suggestions.
Download source files for the activities from our website.
- Clear learning objectives at the start of every module demonstrate specific syllabus skills and whether they correspond to a Pass or Merit grade.
- A ‘Before you start’ section links back to prerequisite knowledge, ensuring students are prepared and ready to tackle the module.
- A strong emphasis on e-safety throughout the series encourages students to stay safe on the internet.
- Fun activities – including creating images, exploring multimedia and programming – provide a steady step-by-step approach.
- A practical activity at the end of each module provides task-based learning where students can consolidate all of their skills.
- Opportunities for reflection allow students to monitor their learning and consider what and how they have learnt.