Developing Summary and Note-taking Skills without Answers
Author/s: Marian Barry
This write-in book ensures students get plenty of practice with the summary and note-taking aspects of Cambridge IGCSE English as a Second Language. With revised content, students can choose sections to practise, building confidence ready for the revised exam from 2019, which has a heavier weighting on summary writing. This edition does not contain answers at the back of the book so teachers can use it for classroom assessment. This book is also suitable for anyone wanting to develop academic English for university and beyond, including first language students.
- This ‘without answers’ edition is ideal for classroom or homework use.
- Includes Cambridge IGCSE English as a Second Language Core and Extended exam-style questions, providing differentiation opportunities.
- First language students can also use this book to develop their skills.
- Combines practice in summary and note-taking with guided help across six themes – Science and the body, Animal life, World of plants, Personal challenges, Leisure and lifestyle, and Trends – past, present and future.
- Skills strategy training in every task helps students think about how they structure their answers.
- The Skills builder sections in the note-taking tasks support the student turn notes into organised text.
- The combined vocabulary and writing pages offer deeper learning and develop learning strategies.
- The ‘With Answers’ Edition includes graded model answers with teacher comments that help students understand what is required of them.