Cambridge International Advanced Mathematics Mechanics Coursebook 1
Author/s: Douglas Quadling and Julian GIlbey
This coursebook has been revised and updated to ensure that it meets the requirements for the Mechanics 1 (M1) unit of Cambridge AS and A Level Mathematics (9709).
This revised edition adds clarifications to sections on forces and equilibrium, kinematics of motion in a straight line and Newton's laws of motion.
All of the review questions have been updated to reflect changes in the style of questions asked in the course.
- Reviewed and revised content to ensure most up-to-date syllabus coverage
- Full endorsement from Cambridge International Examinations
- Fully updated review questions to better reflect the type of questioning in the AS and A Level Mathematics qualification
- Redesigned materials to keep content engaging
- Learning objectives at the start of each chapter
- Clear, narrative explanation of mathematical concepts, terminology and notation, with results and procedures appearing in boxes for easy reference
- Stimulating worked examples that take a step-by-step approach to problem solving
- Revision exercises and practice exam papers are featured throughout.