Collins Cambridge Lower Secondary Maths Stage 9 Student's Book
Author/s: Michele Conway, Belle Cottingham, Alastair Duncombe, Amanda George, Deborah McCarthy, Fiona Smith
This brand new, three-level series, provides coverage of the Cambridge Secondary 1 maths curriculum framework. Written by an experienced author team, the series comprises a comprehensive Student Book, extensive Workbook and supportive Teacher Guide.
Student Book 9 provides comprehensive coverage of the Secondary 1 syllabus through 9 topic-based units. The series is influenced by a mastery approach, with topics being thoroughly embedded before learners move on.
- New concepts are presented through worked examples, which lead learners, step-by-step, through the concepts, with clear and detailed explanations.
- Links are made between topics, encouraging learners to build on relevant fluency from previously learnt topics, and practise mathematical concepts in a different context.
- Learners build 21st-century skills such as mental maths strategies, pattern spotting and problem solving, enabling them to talk about mathematics with confidence.
- With challenge questions integrated throughout, learners can deepen their understanding.
- Learners are encouraged to reflect on their learning, in order to build learner independence.
- The series builds on the foundations laid down in primary maths, and prepares learners for embarking on IGCSE maths.
- Provides learner support as part of a set of resources for the Cambridge Lower Secondary Mathematics curriculum framework from 2011.