Cambridge International AS and A Level Biology Coursebook with CD-ROM (4th Edition)
Authors: Mary Jones, Richard Fosbery, Jennifer Gregory and Dennis Taylor
Endorsed by Cambridge International Examinations, Cambridge International AS and A Level Biology Coursebook comprehensively covers all the knowledge and skills students need during the Biology 9700 course (first examination 2016).
Written by renowned experts in Biology teaching, the Cambridge International AS and A Level Biology Coursebook text is written in an accessible style with international learners in mind. The Coursebook is easy to navigate with colour-coded sections to differentiate between AS and A Level content.
Self-assessment questions allow learners to track their progression and exam-style questions help learners to prepare thoroughly for their examinations. Contemporary contexts are discussed throughout enhancing the relevance and interest for learners.
- Fully tailored to the new AS and A Level syllabus for first examination in 2016 including the new Key Concepts material (essential ideas, theories, principles and mental tools to help learners develop deep understanding of the subject and make links between topics)
- Consistent use of thorough Worked Examples to help learners to tackle complex content in a step by step way
- Clearly colour-coded sections throughout differentiate between AS and A Level content, making navigation through the text simple and intuitive
- Formative assessment in the form of self assessment questions throughout each chapter allow learners to track their progress through the course
- Exam-style questions at the end of every chapter allow students to prepare thoroughly for their examinations
- Accompanying student CD-ROM containing detailed answers to all questions in the book, advice on revision and approaching examinations and recommendations of additional resources to supplement learning
- Reference to contemporary contexts and applications throughout to increase the relevance of the content to learners
- Use of accessible language written with international learners in mind
- New digital versions of our textbooks are coming in 2015 and will offer an enriched learning experience through material such as animation, video and audio content, and/or self-marking quiz, assessment questions and personalisation of table of contents.